Use this affordable and effective solution for cleaning shower mildew and scum!
- Liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth or other cleaning cloth
- Funnel or measuring cup
- Heat the Vinegar. In a microwave-safe dish (ideally a measuring cup with a spout), heat a quarter-cup of vinegar until it is extremely hot. Be very careful not to burn yourself.
- Mix Your Solution. Carefully add the vinegar to a spray bottle. If you weren’t able to use a measuring cup with a spout, use a funnel so you don’t burn yourself. Add in a quarter-cup of liquid dish soap and carefully swirl or shake it to mix. You can adjust the recipe depending on your needs – however, it can’t be stored (due to requiring hot vinegar), so it’s a good idea to start small and add more if necessary.
- Spray the Solution. Thoroughly spray all affected surfaces. They should be completely coated, and the solution should not be runny.
- Wait for Solution to Set. Allow the solution to sit for at least 30 to 45 minutes, or overnight if possible.
- Rinse. Using a cloth and water, rinse the solution. If your shower has a detachable head, this would be a great time to use it.