Fast, cheap, and easy solution for DIY eco friendly carpet stain remover!
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Nylon (or similar) scrub brush
- Vacuum cleaner
- Douse With Baking Soda. Cover the entire stain with a thorough coating of baking soda.
- Mix Your Solution. In a spray bottle, combine a half-and-half blend of white vinegar and water.
- Spray the Stain. While leaving the baking soda on the carpet, thoroughly spray the stained area with your vinegar and water blend.
- Wait for the Solution to Set. Let the mixture sit on the stain for at least three hours.
- Scrub. Using your nylon brush, gently work the cleaning solutions into the stain. Be careful not to rub too hard or you risk disturbing the fibers of your carpet.
- Wait for the Solution to Dry. Let the carpet dry overnight.
- Vacuum. By the next day, the vinegar and water solution should be dry, leaving a chalky baking soda residue. Clean this with a vacuum cleaner, and if any residue remains, gently scrub with a clean cloth.